The Most Compact RF & Playback device!
Covering a frequency range from 70 MHz up to 6 GHz, RF-Catcher can record and play real-time bandwidth of up to 56 MHz.
RF-Catcher allows experimentation of a wide range of signals including Radio (FM, DAB…), TV broadcast (DVB-T/T2, C/C2, S/S2, ISDB-T, etc…), cellular, Wi-Fi. In order to record frequencies superior to 6 GHz (e.g.DVB-S/S2), a down-converter can be used.
The integrated GPS receiver allows to have precise location information; KML file, metadata, NMEA compatible.
Portable and compact, the RF-Catcher is used along with a PC through USB3 connectivity.
- Chipset, STB/TV field test debugging (a great tool to support your pre-sales team)
- Easy & simple usage: no need for RF experts to capture field RF signals (ex: DAB/FM, TV broadcast, Satellite broadcast, Wi-Fi,…), your sales force can do it for you anywhere in the world
- Handy demonstration setup: bring real RF sources into your laptop
- RF sources stored on a PC: easy to duplicate/transfer between headquarter and regional sites
- Radio/TV Broadcast/Telecom RF troubleshooting - Test automation (command line tool)
- Telecommunications Regulation Agencies validation tool
- 1x RF input, 1x RF output for RF Capture & Playback
- Frequency range from 70 MHz up to 6 GHz, resolution 1kHz
- Variable bandwidth from 200 kHz to 56 MHz
- RF reception:
- Status indicators: USB connection / IQ sample loss / In band saturation (ADC) / Out of band saturation (LNA)
- FFT display: Spectrum measurements: FFT resolution, FFT markers insertion / Averaging functions: RMS, min/max hold / FFT window functions: rectangular, Hamming, Blackman, Hann…
- FFT Resolution bandwidth (RBW): 30 Hz (for 2 MHz) to 210 kHz (for 56 MHz)
- Signal waterfall plot (three-dimensional spectra)
- RF capture: variable gain, automatic gain setting (AGC)
- RF playback: variable attenuation
- Lightweight and compact 163 x 115 x 27 mm, 600 g, 2 W power consumption
- Connected to PC via USB3.0 connectivity (SuperSpeed) (USB2 backward compatible, but offers lower performances due to limited USB2 bitrate)
- IQ files stored on the PC: 12 Msps sample rate, 170 min of record = 512GB
- Nonproprietary IQ file format, supported by Matlab software
- Integrated GPS receiver: KML file, metadata, NMEA protocol*
- RF-Catcher tools:
- IQ records format convertor (RF-Catcher n Lumantek/NI/A74*)
- IQ records time cut: optimise the network transfer of your RF captures: possibility to cut the captured file to take, transfer and/or upload to internet only the most important part
- GUI software
- Command line interface for test automation
- Compatible MS Windows 7/8/8.1